Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, February 6, 2017

Monday Morning Devo - Valley of the Broken Hallelujah


Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance. Psalms 42:5

It's been a year since my husband passed away. Will I ever stop missing him? I doubt it. Will the pain of it ever leave? Yes, probably. Or at least the sharpest edge of the hurt. My husband was loving, supportive, kind, and handsome. I have this great picture of him on my computer, and every morning when I log on I see that picture and smile as I wish him good morning and tell him I love him.

There's a song you might have heard on the radio, Broken Hallelujah. It fits. If you haven't heard it before, here's a link where you can: CLICK HERE.

I listened to a sermon this morning that hit the spot. You know the kind I mean--the sermons where you're pretty sure the pastor has been following you around to get his sermon material. Pastor Dave Rieck did that this morning. He chose the Twenty-third Psalm as his text. What I particularly liked about what he said was talking about valleys. I might just do a series just on the valleys that he talked about. Not many of you got to hear this one, and it was good.

I'm in a valley right now, but there are things I need to remember about valleys: They're inevitable, impartial, temporary, and purposeful; and He's there with me.

Besides--the stormier the valleys are, the greener they turn in the spring. I just have to wait for it.

Prayer: Beloved Father, thank You for walking with me through the valleys. I couldn't make it without You. Amen.

No comments: