Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saturday Sermonette--Family

The older I get, the more I realize how important family is. I eagerly anticipate the get-togethers with family, especially when they're happy occasions, like for Thanksgiving. Sometimes the occasions are sad ones--like for the death of one of our own--but the get-togethers are still just as important to my heart.

I just finished having the happy kind (an early Thanksgiving) with my offspring and their offspring), and today I find out there's been a death in our family. Despite the awful weather where they are, I have no doubt there will be family around. The hugs are life-giving, comforting, and reassuring.

I think Heaven will be that way. Families hugging all over the place. I can't wait to see my grandmas and my mom, personally. And there would then be very extended families--the family of God. Some of them have become almost as precious to me as my own kids and grandkids.

I'm everlastingly glad God brought me into this family. What beautiful people I've met!

If you haven't found this to be true, I'm sorry. Maybe you need to come to our church. And go to the Christian writers' conferences I go to. Or if ALL the churches and Christians you've been around have been hypocrites and back-biters....maybe it's you instead of them?

What kind of family member are you?

Prayer: Father, please hold the mirror up to us and show us where we need to become the family member You want us to be. Help us become more supportive and loving. Help us show Your grace. Without You, Lord, we don't have a chance. With You, we can become all that You plan for us. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: