Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Book Review--BETTER THAN REVENGE by Fay Lamb



Fay Lamb writes romantic suspense as well or better than any other author I've read. This novel is no exception. From Page 1 where she introduces Michael, the hero, and the heroine, Issie, you will find yourself praying for the fictional characters!

On the last page, you finally exhale after holding your breath through thirty-one chapters of rightful and wrongful imprisonments, hatred, love, kidnappings, revenge, murders.... Well, you get the picture. Stories of redemption and reconcilliation warm your heart at the same time that it freezes every time the villain creeps out from under the pile of manure yet again.

I don't think I've ever read a book where the tension is stronger. Even knowing romantic suspense novels are supposed to have happy endings, you wonder page to page how this can happen in Issie's and Michael's lives. You'll have to read it to see what I mean.

Better Than Revenge is available online as an e-book on Amazon and Barnes and Nobel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great review, I myself am from a town just an hour or so North of you as well, small world. I love romantic suspense so this one is now on my TBR list. I am currently reading a book by Cassandra Bella called Playing With Fire, it's fantastic. If you really like this genre then take a look at hers, cassandrabella.net. I will visit again for some more great ideas, thanks!

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I know you will love Fay Lamb's books!
~Anne
PS--small world indeed!