Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturday Sermonette--A Matter of Perspective

A friend of mine, Larry DuCommun, often posts pithy little thoughts on Facebook. On Thursday, this is what he said (quoted with his approval):

"Sometimes your perspective can quickly change. Yesterday I was feeling agitated - whether it was too much coffee, the frustrating Internet connection, or a challenging customers, I don't know. Then I received a text from one of my best friends who was in great pain. My perspective changed immediately as I realized my problems were easily manageable compared to my friend's pain. May I keep in mind that I am blessed & available to help those I care about when they need it."

Wow, So true, Larry! I'm guilty of the same thing: putting "me" first and thinking my feelings, thoughts, actions, or whatever take precedence over everything...that is, until I become aware of someone else with way more tragic and urgent needs than I have.

May God grant me an open heart and a listening ear to hear the needs of others over my own petty irritations.

No comments: