Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Morning Devo--Parable of the Two Debtors

[Jesus said] "Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?" Luke 7:41-42 NIV

Jesus always seemed to have a story to tell that explained His point to whoever He was talking to. In this case He was at the home of Simon the Pharisee, and a sinful woman had entered knelt at his feet. The passage doesn't say what her sins were. She could have been any of us.

Anyway, she had begun crying and kissing his feet, drying them with her hair, and anointing them with oil. Simon was properly offended that Jesus allowed such an indignity. Instead, Jesus chastised Simon because the Pharisee had not greeted Him with a kiss or had a servant wash His feet. He praised the woman and told her that her sins were forgiven.

How much do you love Him? Have you done things you'd like for Him to forgive? Are you willing to kneel at His feet? Am I?

Prayer: Lord, sometimes it's so hard to swallow my pride and admit I'm wrong. I have done so many things that miss Your target, walked on the wrong paths, and not done things I knew I should. Right now, Jesus, I kneel at Your nail-scarred feet and ask that You would forgive me and grant me the peace of knowing I am indeed forgiven. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: