Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Morning Devo—The Old, Old Story

In church yesterday, we sang one of the congregation’s favorites, I Love to Tell the Story. The old, old story referenced is, of course, the story of Jesus’s redemption of believers.

It reminded me of old stories I love besides that one. Stories of childhood days when life was comparatively carefree. Stories of friendships formed. Stories of my children and grandchildren when they were young. Fictional stories that draw me into lives of imaginary characters. And my own story of redemption. (If you want to read that, click HERE.)

There are parts of my story I’d love to rewrite, but that’s not possible. So I live with regrets over stupid decisions, crazy paths I followed, and the wrong people I allowed to influence me. I wish I had a dollar for every time I wished for an undo key.

Instead, I have learned to rely on hard-earned wisdom and on God.

Are there parts of your story you wish you could rewrite? I hope you learned earlier than I did to make wiser decisions, stay on the right path, and carefully choose those who influence you.

Prayer: Father of all wisdom, Lord of the right path, and Influencer of influencers, please guide me. Draw me close to You, to Your ways, to Your path, and to Your wisdom. Without Your help, I’m lost. Thank You, Lord.

2 comments:

Stacy Harp said...

It's funny you should write about this and about who influences you. As I get older, I get more picky with who I take advice from. :) Been reading the book of Job the last few weeks and if you read what his friends tell him.... well, ya kinda know!

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

Yeah. Job is the prime example. And Proverbs has a lot of great wisdom in how to avoid the troublemakers.