Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, May 18, 2019

Saturday Sermonette - FEEDING THE SHEEP


37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ Matthew 25:37-40, NKJV.

These verses (Actually, the whole parable is Matthew 25:31-46), have always made me feel a bit guilty. I haven't fed the hungry down at the Salvation Army or stopped and given someone a drink on a hot day, or gone to visit prisoners. Well, except when a cousin I hadn't seen in years got thrown in the jailhouse next to the schoolyard when I was in high school. My cousin provided a drink to someone who was thirsty. Trouble is that thirsty person was under age, and it wasn't exactly water my cousin provided.

At any rate, I seem to be sorely lacking in giving compassionate care. I fear I deserve to be among those on the Lord's left--a goat, not fit to be in the same pen with the sheep on His right.

What about you? Do these verses have the same effect on you? I have an extra paper bag or two we could pull over our heads.

Or--we could start becoming more aware of who needs care and feeding, with the Lord's help, and then provide.

Lord--please point out to me those You want me to help. And then please show me how. In Jesus's name, Amen.

No comments: