Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Friday, April 19, 2019

THE ROAD TO THE RESURRECTION - Friday


How could this day happen? God didn't protect His own Son? I kept thinking, God will step in and kill these evildoers who arrested and tortured and then crucified His Son. My Lord, this should not be!

Or--maybe we've been fooled all this time? Maybe Jesus wasn't His Son. Maybe He was just another faker, some wanna-be savior. He hangs there on the cross, alone. Deserted by His friends. Only His mother is here, sitting on the grounds in a puddle of His blood, sobbing like any other mother would.

Wait--here come two men. I think it's Joseph, one of the Sanhedrin. And Nicodemus. They were secret admirers of Jesus. I guess the secret is out now, because it looks like they are going to be unclean for the Sabbath. Touching a dead body makes a person unclean until the end of the day, and I don't think there's anyway they will finish by sundown--it's almost sundown now. They're taking His body down and wrapping it in linen. Both of them have tears running down into their beards. I wonder where they will take Him?

I'll follow them and see. I won't stay around, because Mother will be worried about me, even though I'm a grown man, nearly.

What will happen now? Will His disciples go home to Galilee? Or will they be arrested too?

No comments: