Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, August 4, 2018

Saturday Sermonette - Satisfaction


But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:10-13, NKJV

I was reading along in one of Jennifer Chamberlain's meditations in Fresh Fruit, this time reflecting on aspects of peace, and it reminded me of the peace that was so constant during the time when my husband was so sick. I was tired, yes; I felt like I had been climbing a steep mountain. However, God's strength never flagged, even though my own was lackin. He reminded me daily that He was still there, being the strong backbone that I needed.

So many people seem to think satisfaction will only occur when you have everything you want. And when, exactly, would that be? Getting more begets wanting more. Because you're always seeking more than you can get, you're never really completely satisfied. Sorta like sugar highs and lows, craving what's not good for you.

It's beyond me how people can go through life--and death--without God's assistance. I depend on it every day, many times a day, and when I'm depending on Him instead of me, I feel satisfied. Maybe He's the only thing that, when you have lots of Him, you can have still more but still be satisfied. He is the ultimate high. And it doesn't cost anything. Well--except for your entire life, every day, all day!

Lord, please--may I have more of You? You are all that I need. Amen.

No comments: