Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, March 3, 2018

Saturday Sermonette - How Long, O Lord?


Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord! Psalm 27:14, NKJV.

I'm not good at waiting. When I'm looking forward to spring, I want it to happen now. When the weather's hot outside, I want fall to happen now. I always chuckle when I remember that my hubby said, "Weather is for complaining about." I had teased him, you see, about being impatient for the winter rains to stop because in the summer he'd complain about the hot, dry weather.

Weather's not the only thing I want God to change now, not later. I have a list. Don't you?

I want to see my husband, have him hold me tight like he used to.

I want to live near my kids. Never mind that's impossible. I can only physically be near one of their homes at a time.

I want to be the perfect Christian, never angry or impatient or lacking energy to keep up with all I should be doing.

I want to be able to travel to the Philippines and see the boy I sponsor.

I want to go back to Hawaii and visit the places Hubby and I went on our first anniversary. Except maybe that long road up the steep mountains through the rain.

I want to do so many things that are physically and monetarily impossible.

But I must wait. With all my not-so-great patience.

So ... I'm waiting, Lord.

Lord, thank You for being here in the middle of my waiting for the wings like eagles that You promised. I trust You, and therefore I trust that the things I do truly need will arrive in Your good time. Amen.

No comments: