Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, January 8, 2018

Monday Morning Devo - Do You Remember?


When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.” Luke 3:21-22, NKJV.

Yesterday was the Sunday when we celebrate Epiphany, and our pastor asked how many people in the congregation remembered their baptism. I was one of the few, because our church baptizes infants. I have a distinct memory--in fact two--because I was baptized in my late twenties. Twice. Once by sprinkling in my church, and once by immersion at a Full Gospel Businessmen's conference in a hotel swimming pool.

Epiphany is celebrated in honor of Jesus's baptism by John in the Jordan River in Israel. I would so love to have been there! Just think: The bystanders would have heard the One God thundering His love to His Son! They would have seen the Holy Spirit landing on Jesus. I wonder how many people dropped to their knees at that moment?

Jesus, may we all be equally impressed! May our eyes be opened to the Epiphany of Epiphanies! Amen!


No comments: