Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, March 20, 2017

Monday Morning Devo - Failing Friends and Family



My relatives have failed, And my close friends have forgotten me. Job 19:14, NKJV.

There are times when it seems like you're totally alone, and no one is there when you really need them. Why?

There are probably dozens of good reasons (they were offended by something you did or said, they don't know how to help, they don't know what to say, they're not home, they didn't know you needed them, etc.), but sometimes it seems that they've just forgotten you exist. People are fallible.

Job had to have felt that way too. The friends who came to console him instead berated him for failing to see his own failures. Even his wife told him to curse God and die. What he needed was a consoling hug; what he got was criticism and abandonment.

There's one Friend who will never desert you. Jesus will always, always, always be there--even if you deserted Him! Trust Him with your every hurt and need; He won't turn away.

Dear Lord, help me remember You when I'm lonely, scared, or hurting. I lean on You, precious Lord. Please be my crutch, because without You I'm lame, weak, and totally alone. In Jesus's precious name, amen.

No comments: