Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, February 25, 2017

Saturday Sermonette - Procrastination


Laziness casts one into a deep sleep, And an idle person will suffer hunger. Proverbs 19:15, NKJV.

Procrastination is a synonym for laziness. Yes, I know that. I hate that. And yet...*sigh*...I'm guilty.

Take this post, for instance. I should have had it done yesterday evening, but I procrastinated until I was too tired to produce one--fuzzy-brained. It seems to rule my life these days. My operative theory seems to be don't put off until tomorrow what can be put off until, say, a month from now. Or a few hours, Or a year or two.

When we moved, it took me several month before I was able to get the car into the garage. There are, in fact, a few boxes still in the garage here nearly two years later--but I can get the car in.. I wish I had the ambition to finish the job. I can't even blame lack of energy--I'm sure I could unload one box a day without too much effort.

When things look difficult or even just time-consuming, my get-up-and-go just leaves without notice I'm a mess.

So what can I do about this? You know what I'm going to say, don't you.

Pray.

So...Father, here I am again, asking for gumption. A shove out of my chair. A desire to get things done bigger than my desire to watch another episode of Star Trek. Please, Father--help me. In Jesus's name I ask, Amen.