Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, October 24, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - Busted Egos


When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble is wisdom. Proverbs 11:2 NKJV

How many times have you fallen flat on your face and experienced that embarrassing moment when the world (or so it seems) witnesses your stumble?

For me it's been dozens; um, hundreds; er, thousands of times. The wrong step or wrong move at the wrong time? I tell ya, red paint manufacturers have nothin' on me! There was the time that...well, no I shouldn't tell you that one. And when I--oops, nope, can't tell you about that either. Well, just take my word for it, okay?

Sometimes I think we have kids to keep our pride from getting out of hand. Each of my kids at one time or another asked me what it was like in the olden days. The boys often reminded me I was "pre-dirt." My daughter informed me I didn't smell as bad as cow pies.

In yesterday's bulletin at church, I loved the quote from Jillian Michaels at the top of the page: "A bad day for your ego is a great day for your soul."

Self respect is important to have; egotistical attitudes stink. So--when your pride takes a hit, count it all joy. Otherwise we could get way puffed up and think way too highly of ourselves.

Lord, thank You for all those little sidewalk cracks we get red-faced over. Any time I get to thinking too much of myself, Lord, feel free to stumble me. For Your glory, Amen!

No comments: