Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, May 23, 2016

Monday Morning Devo -- Hang in There


“Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; Neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame; For you will forget the shame of your youth, And will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore. For your Maker is your husband, The Lord of hosts is His name; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; He is called the God of the whole earth. For the Lord has called you Like a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, Like a youthful wife when you were refused,” Says your God. Isaiah 54:4-6

There's nothing like sharing stories and insights with someone else who is also widowed. One of the things my friend Ellen and I have in common is that our husbands died within a couple of weeks of each other. Our experiences are much the same, as well as our sorrows and joys. The passage above is one that we both cherish.

A lot of the time when I'm praying, I picture myself as a small child sitting on the Lord's lap, or as an adult, being held by Him. I listen for the comforting sound of His steady heartbeat and imagine His loving arms around my shoulders. Call me crazy, but I need and cherish that.

His promise that He will always be with us is something I cling to and gain comfort from.

I hope, when you are sorrowing or needing, that you experience this too.

Lord, hold us close. Heal our bleeding wounds, mend our bruises, love us while we hurt. We need You, Lord. Amen.

No comments: