Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, September 12, 2015

Saturday Sermonette - Okay, Lord, You Have My Attention


And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, NKJV

When I see things repeated in my readings--totally unrelated readings--I kinda figure God might be trying to tell me something. This week I saw lots of things on being content no matter the situation, on how going through problems strengthens us, and on even the worst things that happen to us still works good in our lives.

God is still there. He still loves me. And he will use the rottenest building blocks to make me into a strong structure capable of holding up others enduring tribulations. He is a marvelous God, and He is always good. Therefore, He can bring good from the trials and tribulations we endure.

Right now in California and other places, horrible wildfires are destroying homes. People are wondering if their lives will ever be the same. I pray they won't, that God will work miracles in your sorrows.

If we let Him. As a preacher recently said in our church: "God uses the unexpected to accomplish the astounding."

Dear Lord, help me remember to give thanks in all things, even the things I don't like, for maybe through those things You will accomplish the unbelievably astounding. Amen.

No comments: