Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, February 14, 2015

Saturday Sermonette - Seeds, Part 7


I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. Psalms 139:14-16 NKJV

Psalm 139 is, without doubt, my favorite. King David must have been in awe of God as he wrote this. It fills me with awe as I read it. God knew me before I was ever born! Even then he cared about me. He created this perfect little individual (me) and handed me to the best parents in the world. Yes, I gathered a few (okay, a lot of!) imperfections over the years--but still, He loved me when I was still a tiny seed.

Over the years, I would disappoint Him, grieve Him, and even anger Him, but those failings formed me into the person I am now. Still filled with imperfections, still struggling to understand Him, still failing on way too many occasions. But still He loved me!

Did you know that if you "help" a butterfly to emerge from its cocoon, you do not help but hurt? The wings will not form correctly. That struggle makes the wings strong and perfectly formed.

It's the push up through the soil, the glare of a hot sun, and the bone-chilling water that make a seed into a fruitful plant. And a plant is more fruitful if it is trimmed back almost to a stub.

A manuscript doesn't become a best seller without going through often painful editings.

Amazing.

Lord--You who formed me, who knew what I would go through, who knew what I could become--thank You. Thank you for providing my mom and dad, for the struggles to emerge from the cocoon, for the pruning, and for the editing. You are amazing, and I fall at your feet in awe.
Amen

No comments: