Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday Morning Devo - The Kingdom of Heaven is Like... Part 12


Then little children were brought to Him that He might put His hands on them and pray, but the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”  And He laid His hands on them and departed from there. (Matthew 19:13-15, NKJV)

This will be the last of this series. I pray it has given you hope and inspiration. The study of these verses has really blessed me. This one does maybe most of all. Why?

When I picture myself with Jesus, I see myself as about five years old, skipping alongside Him, holding His hand. Or sitting on his lap, my thumb in my mouth. Or sitting next to him with my head on his knee. But nearly always, I'm a child. Even though I'm fast zooming in on seventy.

"Let the children come to Me, and don't forbid them." He calls us to Himself: from the smallest to the biggest, from the youngest to the oldest, and all point in between. He calls. Do you hear Him?

Lord, may we always hear your voice calling to us. Out of our busyness, call to us and we will come. Out of our darknesses, lead us into Your light. Out of our wildernesses, take us to Your peaceful valley. Thank You, Lord, for calling us into Your world.


No comments: