Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday Sermonette--Make Peace

Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering. Matthew 5:23-24, NAS

What is happening? Over and over I see Christians quarrelling with each other. I don't understand. Why do people who love God with all their hearts, souls, and minds forget to love their Christian siblings who also love God?

I've seen a bunch of these lately, and I'm hurting for my family of believers. And I'm hating what the world thinks about believers because of it.

Not pointing fingers here...I have been guilty too. In fact, in one case guilty of starting a fight between two believers. Guilty, although in the past and since reconciled. I have come to love peace. I rejoice in the peace God has given me. I hate strife with a passion.

I would love to be a peacemaker, but God probably couldn't use me. I'd probably burst out crying and ruin the negotiations. Conflicts in families affect me that way.

Obviously, both parties are sure they are right and the other wrong. Probably they also think it is the other person's responsibility to take the first step toward reconciliation. And as long as they cling to their rights and wrongs and feelings, nothing will change.

Lord, please help. I don't know what to do--if anything. But You do. Work on the hearts of those in hurt and contention, dear Jesus. Please bring healing and forgiveness and reconciliation. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: