Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Morning Devo--Parable of the Fig Tree

Then Jesus told them this parable: "A man had a fig tree that had been planted in his vineyard. He went to look for fruit on it but didn't find any. So he told the gardener, 'Look here! For three years I've been coming to look for fruit on this tree but I haven't found any. Cut it down! Why should it waste the soil?'
But the gardener replied, 'Sir, leave it alone for one more year, until I dig around it and fertilize it. Maybe next year it will bear fruit. If not, then cut it down.'" Luke 13:6-9 ISV

God is the God of second chances--or third or fourth or fifth, if needed. Feature God as the owner of the vineyard, and Jesus as the gardner. God might say, "We've given this guy three chances already. Enough is enough."

Jesus would respond, "Let's give him one more chance. We'll give him the spiritual food he needs, and we'll put him in the middle of his loving family and friends who will surround him with all the blessings and guidance he needs. If he still doesn't respond, then we can say he is a lost cause."

Jesus being Jesus, if that year passed with no result, He would still say, "Let's give Him another chance."

Believe me, I know.

Prayer: Father, God of Second, Third, Fourth, or however many it takes chances, thank You. More than I know how to express it, I appreciate You. I'm forever grateful You gave me that umpteenth chance. For Your Son's sake, Amen.

No comments: