Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Morning Devo--Come to Me

"Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28, KJV 2000.

I'm sure I'm not the only one this passage has given comfort to. When I get so tired that it seems impossible to go on, I grab onto this verse and accept the rest that Jesus gives.

What a caring God we have. He knows that we get tired. He knows there are times the load seems to heavy to carry any farther. Sometimes the load is physical, but sometimes it's entirely mental. Sometimes it's illness or injury. And sometimes, it's spiritual.

We're so tired we don't know how to pray--but He understands. He reaches His hand around our shoulders, and all the cares and weights of the world slide from our back to His. He who never rests, never grows weary, never quits--He takes our load.

Are you carrying a load too much for you?

Prayer: Lord Jesus, You know how we tend to think, "I can do this myself," but inside we know this load's too heavy. Come to us, Lord, and help us with this burden. Thank You for caring for us. Amen

No comments: