Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Morning Devo - A City on a Hill

"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." Matthew 5:14 KJV 2000

Like it or lump it (as my mom used to say), we're examples to the kids around us, to our friends, to our relatives, and even to our enemies. Good or bad example? That's up to you.

A city (or Christian) sitting on the top of a hill is observable to anyone. Do you try to hide some of the things you do that are less than perfect? I have to admit I have been guilty. I make mistakes. I don't always shine as spotless as I would like to.

Who do you most respect: one who tries to hide their mistakes, or one who owns up to what they've done wrong and tries to make up for it? One who apologizes to those they've hurt, or one who insists they had a right? One who is willing to be wrong to make things right, or one who hangs onto their pride no matter what? Which one would you rather be?

Prayer: Lord, please remind me to be humble when my pride wants to take over; help me be willing to apologize even when I'm in the right; create in me a desire to love no matter what. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: