Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Tuesday, February 5, 2013

This Is My Story - God Encounters of the First Kind

I don't know when my first God encounter happened--to young to remember--but someone told me about Jesus paying my way to Heaven with His death on the cross. It's one of those things where I just always knew. You could classify me with those who have fire insurance so figure it's okay to play with matches.

I did a lot of partying in my twenties. I was always up for a party. Bring on the booze, the dirty jokes, and the flirtations. I got into a lot of messes but mostly got back out of them without too much damage. Well, most of the time.

And then one night after partying pretty heavy, I crashed on my bed and tried to hold it still. You know how beds spin when you've had too much to drink. Or maybe you don't--hooray for you! Keep up that good work, and may you never experience it.

Anyhow, I heard this Voice inside my head telling me my life was a mess and I needed to make some changes. Don't ask me how I knew it was God, but I did.

God called me. Wow. He spoke to the inebriated idiot. People will tell you you can't talk to someone when they're drunk, but God came through loud and clear.

Am I different? More special than the average? No. Many of my friends have had similar experiences. God steps into their lives and changes everything.

Try Him out. You'll like it.

I love it when He does that!



No comments: