Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Morning Devo - The Love Chapter:8

First Corinthians 13:8 "Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."

Again, let me try to put this into a more contemporary wording: "Love never fails: but where there are prophecies, they will fail; tongues shall cease; knowledge will vanish." I use the word "love" for "charity" because the Greek word used here is "agape" (pronounced a-gawp'-y), a word that means unconditional love, like the love God has.

Which stands to reason, because God's love for us is the only one that cannot, does not, and will never stop. Humans are, well, human--what feels on one day like eternal love can on the next day feel more like hate. Humans tend to love if they are loved in return. I went through a period of over ten years when I didn't love God as much as I loved myself, but His love followed me everywhere I went.

He loves you every bit as much as He loves me. Bad things that happen to us can be because of our own carelessness, someone else's lack of care, or diseases.Our imperfections are everywhere evident. I do not believe God causes these things. He walks with us through them, though, and IF WE LET HIM He will make us stronger because of them, and then we can help others through the same situations.

Prayer: Lord, thank You for being with me everywhere and all the time. Help me choose paths you set before me, much better paths than those I have chosen in the past. Help me help others, dear Lord. I hope all that I do will bring you honor and praise.

No comments: