Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Wednesday, September 12, 2012

American Christian Fiction Writers Conference

By the end of next week, I will probably be suffering from sleep deprivation, sensory overload, and prepresentation jitters.

I will have been guilty of name dropping, sweet-talking, and schoolgirlish giggling. Not to mention overactive jawing, overusing smile muscles, and overeating.

By the last evening of the ACFW Conference, I doubt I will be able to fit into most of the clothes I brought with me. I will be filled to the brim with new ideas, high hopes, and new friendships.

Yes--it's the annual American Christian Fiction Writers Conference, September 20 through 23. Dallas, Texas, may never be the same. "God" and "Jesus" will be said so many times it will boggle the mind, and none of the sayings will even vaguely resemble swearing.

A few people will be forever changed because someone at the conference led them to our precious life. The hotel staff (and some offsite folks) will be amazed that so many people with the same frustrations faced by irritable travelers worldwide could act with such loving patience.

I can say these things with absolute certainty because, you see, I've experienced it. I've been there. Not Dallas--although I've travelled to DFW many times. I mean the conference. I've only been twice before, but both times it was the same. It's unbelievable until you've been in the same boat...um, hotel...with this bunch of folks.

Try it. You'll like it. American Christian Fiction Writers--ACFW.com.




No comments: