Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Tuesday, August 21, 2012

This Is My Story - Guest Blog by Rick Mayhew

Today's story is a guest blog from my friend Rick Mayhew, author of Donovan's Law. (If you want to see the review of his book, check my May 10 blog archives.) Ummmm--Rick, is "extinguishment" a word?
Thanks, Rick!


The Coffee Habit

One day I read a report that indicates coffee is bad for my health. The next day I read an article indicating coffee can help prevent some cancers and Type 2 diabetes. I do not know if coffee is good or bad for me, but here is the fact. I like coffee. However, there is a story behind the reason I like coffee. Here is my coffee story:

It’s the dead of winter; the time is 3 o’clock in the morning, the temperature is hovering around 30 degrees Fahrenheit, and the firefighters just spent the past hour sweating in their safety gear as they punished the flames into extinguishment. The fire is out, no one got hurt, and the Red Cross shows up with hot, steaming, coffee. I could hardly wait to get my gloves off just to hold the warmth in my hand and take that first sip of black coffee with three sugar packets…no creamer.

It’s those early days as a firefighter that caused me to become such a huge fan of that first cup of coffee in the morning. I always start my day off with coffee. If it’s a weekday, I pour my cup of “wake-me-up” into a travel mug just before heading out the door. On the weekends, I sip away the sleep while lying in bed and reading my Bible. If I could be so bold as to steal a catch phrase from a coffee commercial, I have truly come to believe that “the best part of waking up…is Folgers in my cup”.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/coffee-new-health-food

No comments: