Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Sermonette - What Do You Put into Your Head?

I don't know about you, but I have problems with stuff on TV and in books and at the movies getting into my head. If I'm exposed to violent stuff (and I'm using the word "stuff" deliberately, folks) with bad language and revealing clothing and sex, my head begins to accept that as normal.


Trust me, I'm speaking from experience. What you stuff into your head (there's that word again) WILL affect how you think about yourself and those around you, how you act, how you speak.

I blame TV and movies for the huge increase in swearing, violence, gang activity, crime and drugs. And here come those infamous words, "when I was a kid." When I was a kid (and I realize most of you know that was a long time ago), kids at school didn't swear.

It was partially because they'd be sent to the principal's office, but it was also because only the kids on the edge ever did it. And that's not on the "good" edge, either.

When I was a kid, nobody did drugs, and very few of them drank. That's right, no one did drugs. Nobody. We were scandalized in later high school to hear that someone got arrested with marijuana in Boise, the big city.

But then TV and movies and music were censored. Sorry folks, those words were not allowed. Neither was sex. People didn't kiss once and head for the bedroom. But movies now make that the norm. Why? Because it sells.

In other words, if there is going to be a cleaning up of America, it has to begin with us. Stop going to movies or buying products on TV stations that condone and normalize destructive behavior.

If we will regulate what goes into our own heads and our kids, we could begin the revolution. You and me, kid, we can do it. Spread the word, okay?

You see, there were reasons God said don't do what those other guys are doing. It will destroy you, and it will destroy your children.

No comments: