Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Morning Devo - But If You Stay

Leviticus 26, the whole chapter. I'm not going to print it all here--if you can read this, you can read it in your Bible or find it on the internet to read. I'm really not trying to be difficult, just trying not to make this astronomically long...

A few days ago my nightly Bible reading took me to Leviticus 26. Leviticus isn't my favorite book in the Bible--lots of "thou shalt not's" and "thou shalts." But this time, I had a song running through my head, "If You Go Away."


In Leviticus 26, it begins with a list of blessings for the Israelites when they go into the promised land IF they remain close to Him and follow His leading. Then it goes into a list of terrible things that will happen if they go after the gods and practices of the land and people they will find in the promised land. And I have no doubt He knew they would. Then it says beginning at verse 40 (NKJV), "But if they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their fathers .... I will remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God: I am the Lord."

In other words, "But if you stay, I'll make you a day like no day has been or will be again..."

If we stray away from Him (as many of us have done or will do), all we have to do is say, "Lord, I'm sorry for straying--please take me back." And He will.

Oh, how He loves us.

Prayer: Beloved Lord, thank You. Your mercies are from everlasting to everlasting. Your love is eternal and steadfast. Your forgiveness is without restriction and offered to all. All we have to do is reach out to accept Your gift. I love You, Lord. Amen.

No comments: