Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Sermonette - Throwing Money in the Dirt

I'm in a Bible study on Sunday morning with a farmer, Roy Newland, who threw out a comment that really resonated with me. If I remember it right, he related it to prayer.

That sounds bad, doesn't it? But think about it: farmers buy seed and plow it into the dirt. Some of the seed comes up and some doesn't, but they don't quit sowing the seed, do they?

If we pray and we don't get an instantaneous answer, does that mean we have wasted time praying?

When people ask me to pray for them, I never refuse. Sometimes, though, I don't pray the way they want me to. I keep my best ear up in God's direction, asking Him how I should pray.

Nope, I'm not infallible. I'm sure I make mistakes. But I keep on throwing the prayers out to Him and trust Him to do the rest.

Do you have a prayer request?

No comments: