Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Book Review - MISTY HOLLOW by June Foster


June Foster has a unique way of writing. You can easily see into her heart as well as the souls of the characters in her books through her novels. I gratefully count her as my friend (one of my best blessings!), and I'm so very glad she's chosen to write about the sometimes difficult subjects.

Molly Cambridge has accepted her first teaching engagement in the place her parents used to live, in Misty Hollow in the Appalachian Mountains, a place where people have a deep respect for God and their neighbors and an almost equal suspicion of strangers and new notions.

They liked her teaching the children, but when she offered to also teach the adult illiterates in the little valley, she began to run into a lot of opposition. Oddly enough, the strongest opposition came from the town mayor and his daughter, two of the better educated people in the area.

Part of that might have been because Luanne McKinney (the mayor's daughter) was supposedly Joel Greenfield's fiance'. Supposed by the Mayor, mostly. Luanne didn't love Joel, he didn't think, and he sure 'nuff didn't love her. That new teacher, though--she did stir up his pulse a mite. He doesn't think Miss Cambridge would be interested in him, though, illiterate farmer that he is.

He's mistaken, though.

You will need to get the book. Trust me on this. Available at Amazon.

I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

4 comments:

June Foster said...

Anne, thank you so much for the review. I count it a special blessing to call you my friend, too. You're a sweetheart.

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

It was my pleasure, my friend!

Unknown said...

Good job, June & Anne!

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

Thanks, Tony!