Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Sunday, February 16, 2014

New Release--HER BEST WORST CHRISTMAS


Forgive me for bragging--and on a Sunday, yet!--but this short story, Volume Ten of Kathi Macias' 12 Days of Christmas, was such fun to write. I hope you will find it equally enjoyable to read. And I hope you aren't tired of Christmas stories. Is it just me, or have you also noticed a lot of Christmas-related stories being released after the first of the year?

What a day Wendy had. First, her boss fires her for offending a favorite customer, and it's only three days until Christmas. She had picked up her pitifully small check, kicking herself for blowing the entire previous salary check on herself, splurging on an expensive suit of clothes and shoes. As she sits on a cold concrete bench waiting for a bus, she hears a faint cry and discovers a baby in the trash can there. No cell phone--she'd left it on the night stand--so she carries the baby across the street to a store and falls, cutting her head. The paramedics come and tell her to get rid of her expensive new clothes, now all bloody from the afterbirth still attached to the infant.

Things can only get better from such a disasterous start to her day, right? I hope?

I'm offering two free ebooks to two commenters on this blog. Want one? Be sure to leave your email so I know where to contact you, and leave the comment by Sunday, February 23, at noon US Pacific time. Or--it's available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Kobo for only 99 cents.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Ooh Ooh! Pick me! stacyharp@gmail.com :)

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

Well, I dunno. There are so many entrants to choose from. :p

Stacy said...

I KNOW! I'm trying to spread the word more!

ociana said...

Me, me! Please. :) ociana40@yahoo.com