Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Morning Devo--Scattered Seeds on a Hardened Path

Then he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up." (Matthew 13:3-4, NIV)
"Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path." (Matthew 13:18-19, NIV)

I'm sure there were times in my life when someone scattered seeds of hope, grace, forgiveness, and belief along the road I walked on. I heard, but other than believing that God and Jesus existed, most of the seeds never had a chance to take root. I had not understood the importance of what I heard. I kept on going on my path of destruction and left the seeds for the birds. The seeds had bounced off my hard heart.

How about you? Are there seeds landing on your concrete path? Any chance you could sweep them onto softer, more receptive soil?

Prayer: Lord, help me recognize these seeds and save them from the birds. For Your sake and mine, Amen

No comments: