Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, August 5, 2019

Monday Morning Devo - How Long, O Lord?



Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled. My soul also is greatly troubled; But You, O Lord—how long? Return, O Lord, deliver me! Oh, save me for Your mercies’ sake! Psalm 6:2-4, NKJV

The psalms are amazing. They so often reflect how I'm feeling or how I'm seeing things happen. It's doubly amazing, seeing a man lay bare his own soul--so many guys are nervous about expressing their feelings. However, King David and the other writers of the Psalms seemed to have no hesitation about standing soul-naked before God--and essentially, before trillions of people for generations and eons to come. Crying was no more shameful than breathing. Depression was easily discussed.

I know God walks with me through all kinds of wildernesses, but still, I wonder how long it will have to be endured. I know that the walks in the wildernesses are, in the long run, good. Good for me, and good because I can really empathize with others in their own wildernesses.

God is wise. He knows how long it will take. I just need to lean on Him, and He'll make sure I find Oases when they're necessary.

How long, O Lord? I know--exactly as long as it takes. Thank You. I love You with my whole naked soul. Amen

No comments: