Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, August 12, 2019

Monday Devo - Jesus wasn't always gentle and sweet



“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence." Matthew 25:25, NKJV.

Jesus always seemed to call a thorn bush "a thorn bush," even if it was beautifully adorned with a rose. Odd, He didn't verbally attack those the general populace would call the sinners. Instead, He called out the thorn bushes of His time, the high society folks who constantly looked down on others.

Scribes (writers; attorneys) and Pharisees (along with the Sadducees) weren't Jesus's favorite people. They were the politicians of the day, and they were also the church leaders. Instead of teaching people to love God, they taught strict obedience to every jot and tittle of the law; they sought (and got) the best seats at the Synagogue; and they seemed to feel superior in every way to the general population. Jesus called them out so many times it was no wonder they went after Him.

I suspect He'd call people out now, too. I'm not going to speculate on who; all of us have differing opinions of who it would be. However, I would love for all of us to examine ourselves and get rid of those dirty insides.

Who, me? Yeah, me too.

Lord, Search me and see if there is any wicked way in me. Bring it bluntly to my attention and help me change into the type of mirror (reflecting You) that You want me to be. In Jesus's Name, Amen.

No comments: