Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, April 15, 2019

THE ROAD TO THE RESURRECTION - Cleansing the Temple


As I remember, He did this once before, a couple of years ago. I think they just wait until He's out of view until they set all their booths back up--the money changers and the sacrifice vendors. I guess they know they have the backing of the priests.

It's quite a sight, Him slinging those ropes around like whips. People scatter like the sheep He set loose. The priests, Pharisees, Sadducees, and Scribes stand around with their arms folded across their chests, looking disgusted, murmuring among themselves behind their hands. They'd arrest Him if they could. Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

I wonder--He's no village idiot. He has to know they are scheming to do Him harm, and yet it seems like He does things that make those strutting peacocks angry on purpose.

I think I'll try to hang around this week and see what else happens.




No comments: