Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, January 5, 2019

Saturday Sermonette - Procrastination

Demain, Domani, Mañana, Morgan. Amanhã. Huomenna. Morgaŭo ... Tomorrow


Do not boast about tomorrow, For you do not know what a day may bring forth. Proverbs 27:1, NKJV.

Well--I should have done this post several hours ago, but Procrastination grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Procrastination is a thief, stealing time that could have been productive.

I seem to be doing a lot of this lately. I know I need to get on the ball, but the ball flies right toward me and I don't even raise a glove to stop it. I know God doesn't want me doing this, but it's like an addiction. I watch a movie or play a computer game or both. How do I break this cycle?

Prayer. On the knees (but with padding under the one that was replaced), honest, praying-it-through prayer. I don't like Procrastination having control over me. Or any other bad habit. The only habits I really want are things like turning to God for my answers, my inspiration, and my direction.

Lord, help me. I'm a weak human, but I'd like to be a strong Christian. I can't do it without Your help! In Jesus's Name, Amen.


No comments: