Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, December 10, 2018

Monday Morning Devo - Down in the Dumps


The first time I went through a depression was when my youngest was on the way and just after he was born--more than forty years ago. It was bad enough that the doctor prescribed something that knocked me for a loop. I wouldn't take any more until another doctor (an old family doc) told me to. I hate painkillers and sedatives. They make me feel pretty yucky.

Anyway, here I am again, battling that inertia that keeps me from doing anything more strenuous than watching movies. I smile, I laugh, I hide the symptoms--whenever I have to be around others--but when I'm alone it's a different story.

So I haven't written much on this blog lately, nor have I kept up with other writing assignments and needs. What right do I have to tell everyone how to live their lives when mine is in the doldrums?

All the way through, Jesus keeps reminding me He's right there with me. He says, "Remember, this too shall pass." It would be easy to think this feeling will last forever and therefore I might just as well die, but His gentle words and presence keep me going. One step at a time. One moment to the next. One more day, and then another.

What would we do without Him?

I don't ever want to find out.

Lord, thank You for being here, always, without fail. I love You. You are so very worthy of worship. Amen.

No comments: