Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, October 15, 2018

Monday Morning Devo - THINGS ARE LOOKING UP


Lord, I cry out to You;
Make haste to me!
Give ear to my voice when I cry out to You.
Let my prayer be set before You as incense,
The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Psalm 141:1-2, NKJV

Why is it that our eyes are often drawn upward when in prayer? I know, sometimes it's downward--toward our folded hands, but my thoughts go upward anyway.

We say things are looking up when there's a positive view of the future.
Lifted up when someone helps us out of the mire.
Offer up when we sacrifice for someone else's benefit.
We can be prayed up when we have sought the Lord's wisdom and strength for a task.

And the list goes on.

Mostly, up is good. Jesus looked up to pray before healing a deaf-mute. He lifted up the bread and wine for blessings. David lifted his hands in sacrifice to God. People lift up their hands to offer praise to the Lord. We give someone a hand up when we help them. Give up when we're ready to surrender.

What do you need to give up, lift up, or help up?

Lord, please show me today what I can do to lift up or give up, or who needs to be prayed up, or when I need to look up. Help me to give and to accept gifts as You need or give. We love You, Lord of Lords. For Jesus's sake, Amen.


No comments: