Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, August 20, 2018

Monday Morning Devo - With Me



Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me. Psalm 139:7-10, NKJV.

One thing I have known from even before I asked the Lord into my heart: He's always been there. I don't know a time when I haven't sensed His presence. Gently, He's called to me or lifted me when I would try to go away from Him or feel overwhelmed by life. He's carried me when I couldn't walk. I can't explain it.

I need that sense of Him. I don't know how to exist without it. For me, that would be hell. Maybe that is hell, seeing as how in 2 Thessalonians 1:9, it mentions that the unbelievers would be in "destruction of the presence of the Lord." Obviously, God is not going to destroy His own presence, but He could destroy the sense of it in someone who hates Him.

Do you sense His presence?

Father, please don't ever take that sense of You from me. I pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ, that You would grant them always that comforting, glorious sense. For Your own Son's sake and in His name, Amen.

No comments: