Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, August 14, 2017

Monday Morning Devo - Open My Heart, Illumine Me


And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15, NKJV

The "gospel" means the good news. What good news? That Jesus loved you and me enough that if we were the only ones deserving punishment, He would take that punishment for us, and did.

Some folks argue that they've never done anything worthy of death. And it could be they're right. Some folks have done good things all their lives--with only one or two or a dozen slip-ups. Nobody's perfect (except Jesus, that is). But there are some folks that definitely could fit into the worthy of capital punishment. Serial murderers. Child rapists (yes, I do put them in that category). War mongers.

It's enough for me to know that He loves me enough to forgive me for some terrible stuff. And He loves the others, horrible though they may seem to you and me. If they honestly repented and asked forgiveness--Jesus took those stripes and that trip to the cross for them too.

Because He was perfect--totally without sin, without failures like the rest of us have--His death was counted by God the Father to be the final sacrifice.

The biggest good news I want to tell the world is that God loves, and God earnestly desires to forgive. All we have to do is ask, and He gives. That's so awesome I can't even grasp it in my tiny little brain. That, my friends, is the gospel He wants us to share with every creature.

I don't think that means all the bugs and mice and alligators. I believe that means all His creation. Every person on earth is His creation, so far as I know. And those who accept Him as their Lord and Savior, He adopts as His own beloved children. More good news!

Dwell on the last verse of the song I've been sharing for almost a month.

Verse 4: Open my mouth, and let me bear,
Gladly the warm truth everywhere;
Open my heart and let me prepare
Love with Thy children thus to share.
Refrain 4:
Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready my God, Thy will to see,
Open my heart, illumine me,
Spirit divine!

No comments: