Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, July 24, 2017

Monday Morning Devo - Open My Eyes, Illumine Me


"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." John 16:13, NKJV

There's a hymn that means a lot to me. It's called Open My Eyes, That I May See. It was written in 1895 by Clara H. Scott, a prolific hymnwriter, not long before her untimely death in an accident.

There's nothing like the "Ah-Hah!s" the Holy Spirit gives. You'll be reading along in the Bible, and suddenly something that never struck you before makes perfect sense. It's like God speaking directly to you! That's what this song is about.

I don't expect you to take my word for it. No. Instead, I think you should ask God to speak to you from the Bible, open up the book, and read. My prayer is that the Holy Spirit will indeed illumine you. And if you're reading this, would you please try it and then tell me what happens?

If you don't want to say it in the comment section below, you can contact me directly. Do you see the words to the left of this that say "Contact Anne?" Well, below that, fill in your name and email and your message. No one will see it but me.

Meanwhile, cogitate on the verse below:

Open my eyes, that I may see
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp and set me free.
Refrain 1:
Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready my God, Thy will to see,
Open my eyes, illumine me,
Spirit divine!

Amen.

No comments: