Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, April 3, 2017

Monday Morning Devo - Give God Your Tears


You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book? Psalm 56:8, NKJV.

I think there are two ways of crying--with tears flowing from your eyes and with tears flowing from your heart. God receives both kinds when they flow from earnest pain. Never think He turns away from you when you cry out to Him.

It doesn't matter if the issue is large or small, whether it's about you or about someone you care for.

I'm not God, so I can't tell you why some requests are granted right away, some He says "wait," or some are a definite "No" or "Not now." It's not for me to know why. My job is to ask and then to trust that God will give the answer that is best.

Sometimes the answer is gut-wrenchingly sad. No one much wants to see a loved one go on to heaven ahead of them. Or to hear God say "No" to receiving the love of a person He doesn't have planned for your life. The loneliness can feel like an alligator chewing on the heart.

Sometimes the answer can seem unreasonable. Like when we pray for a certain job and it goes to someone else. Or healing from a disease or disability.

Only God knows why, but trust Him. He has a better plan.

Lord, please take this heartache and mold it to Your good. May my tears be dear to Your heart. Hear me cry, O Lord, and bring Your good answer in Your perfect time. I trust You with my life. In Jesus's name, Amen.


No comments: