Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, December 26, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - What's a Gift?


For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23, NKJV.

Gifts are funny things. Sometimes people think that gifts are something they earn. Certainly the idea of Santa Claus perpetuates that notion, doesn’t it?

“Be good, or all you’ll get is a lump of coal in your Christmas stocking.”

“Santa brings gifts to good little boys and girls.”

But the best gifts are those we get totally free, aren’t they? I think about the gifts that my friends and family gave me when I was sick―they walked my dog, fed my pets, watered my plants, brought me flowers, visited me in the hospital, gave me rides to and from. There’s nothing I’ve done that made me deserving of all the favors they did for me. What a blessing!

That’s what true gifts are―blessings. And blessings evoke gratitude. Remember to thank the giver. Remember to thank God for the gift of friendship. Remember to give back, to deserving and undeserving―and to God.

Thank You, Lord, for the gift You gave us in Your precious Son. What can I give You in return? The only thing even fractionally worth what You give is all of Only myself and my gratitude, and those I give willingly and with all my love. Take me and use me as You see fit. Amen.

No comments: