Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, October 15, 2016

Saturday Sermonette - How to be a Grownup, Lesson 17


When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1 Corinthians 13:1, NKJV

Garbage in, garbage out.

We've all heard that saying, I'm sure. You put garbage into your mouth, your body will suffer. Ditto for what you watch on TV or at the movies. If you watch trashy stuff, your actions will reflect what you feed your brain.

For a long time, I've blamed the movies and TV for the garbage language we hear everywhere. Movies portrayed swearing as normal, and the next thing we know, there's profanity in the hallways at school. Trust me, that did NOT go on before then. Premarital sex was okay in the movies, and now everyone (nearly) is doing it--adultery is okay? And why is it you never see overweight people eating those delicious-looking candies, cakes, and donuts on the big screen, on FaceBook, or Pinterest?

We are being deceived that the garbage won't hurt us. We believe it because we want to.

Isn't being a grownup also resisting the things that are bad for us?

Father, forgive us for not resisting the temptations. Help us where we are weak. Lead us to Your righteousness. You alone are holy, but with Your guidance and strengthening, we can resist. Thank You, Lord! Amen.

No comments: