Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, July 2, 2016

Saturday Sermonette - How to be a Grownup, Lesson 5


When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1 Corinthians 13:1, NKJV

Accepting what you cannot change. I'm not talking about grape juice stains on your kid's favorite t-shirt here. I should have included another quote here: "And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me." (2 Corinthians 12:6-8) This was Apostle Paul talking.

Notice that Paul only asked the Lord three times. I suspect he was in some pretty severe pain or suffering from a chronic affliction of some sort--I've heard a few theories, from alcoholism to going blind.

Way too many times I've heard about people banging on the doors of heaven, demanding that God change something. This really goes against my grain. I believe God deserves a lot more respect than that. He's not hard of hearing or heart.

A few of the things I've given God that I can't change: That I'm growing older and subject to new wrinkles that won't be cured by any magical creme; I have diseases that are dependent on medications I'm not too crazy about; and my husband went on to heaven before me. God could undo any of those, but thus far He hasn't--and so I accept that. Can you?

It doesn't mean God doesn't love you when you get these thorns. They hurt, but He'll help you through them. He's good that way.

Lord, thank You so much for all Your helps. You get me through the very toughest of times every time. One more scar won't kill me. And when one day the healing doesn't come, You'll fly me home first class. May You always be glorified! Amen.

No comments: