Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, May 14, 2016

Saturday Sermonette - Which Side of the Rainbow?


Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, And the young men and the old, together; For I will turn their mourning to joy, Will comfort them, and make them rejoice rather than sorrow. Jeremiah 31:13 NKJV

I keep thinking that one day I'll feel like dancing again. Right now that's not happening--well, today, anyway. This week I've spent a lot of time on the stormy side of the rainbow. It's that hope that one day I'll be able to stay on the sunny side. Really, I'm there more often than moping in the rain, dragging my feet along, not getting much productive done. For instance, I've skipped a lot of posts lately, something I hadn't done before, not even right after Jack passed.

Sometimes it takes a push or a deadline or a "must do" to get me going. Now it's a must do. So that backlog of book reviews? You'll see a bunch of them next week! I'm getting out the paddles and rowing back to the sunny side. Ready, set go.

Do you ever get that way? Feeling like you just can't get up the gumption do anything? Don't worry--it will come back. It's okay to sometimes feel gumptionless at times. Tell God all about it. I know He already knows, but sometimes it helps me if I tell him about it. Does it work that way for you?

Lord, Here I am again, dumping on You. I hope You will continue to show me the patience You always have. I need to know that You understand. Help me get moving again, dear God. I can't do it without You.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Rowing through rough seas myself right now. Several losses in this past year have led me to keep my eyes on my "lighthouse" God is always good and faithful - especially in the storms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itiB52mVJ9Y

Unknown said...

Prayers to you for comfort and gumption. And maybe fully throwing yourself into those down days. A cup of tea/coffee and mindless activities. Prayers for your quick passage through these rough seas. Kathy Messenger

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

I'm so sorry Kathy. Tough times--but so nice to know God is always here, listening and empathising.
Anne

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

I'm really good at mindless activities... Trouble is, sometimes I get stuck there. Hugs, girlfriend!