Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, April 23, 2016

Saturday Sermonette - Whatever


Bondservants [employees, students], obey in all things your masters [bosses, teachers] according to the flesh [in whatever your assignment is], not with eyeservice [when they are watching you], as men-pleasers [phonies], but in sincerity of heart, fearing God [in awe of God]. And whatever you do, do it heartily [with enthusiasm and dedication], as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:22-24 NKJV

Just in case you don't really understand the verses as they were interpreted by the writers of the New King James Version, I stuck what my interpretations were (in the brackets) of the religious terms. None of it will make sense at all, though, unless you are into making God proud of you.

When I was little, I remember Mom or Dad saying something to their friends or relatives about something I did that pleased them, and I would positively wriggle with joy. As I got older my reactions were a little more mature, but I was just as glad that I had accomplished something that made them proud of me. Now my parents are gone, but God still watches over me, and there are times I can feel His glow of pleasure.

Those times still make me smile. Sometimes the feat is easy, and it's nearly always easier than I think it will be, but sometimes it costs a sacrifice. A little of my time, money, or effort--something like that. You know, when you offer to help someone or go the extra mile for a friend--or even someone who's not a friend.

The reward is worth it. That warm, loving feeling is better than getting a million dollars from the lottery.

Dear Lord, help me remember to put what You want from me first. Then help me do it. Thanks, Lord!


No comments: