Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, January 18, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - Song Stories: "Let There Be Peace on Earth"


This is a song that could have been written today, couldn't it? Most of you have probably heard or even sung this song at some time.

This prayer for peace was written, oddly enough, by a woman recovering from her attempt at suicide.

Jill Jackson Miller had been despondent when her first marriage ended. God came into her heart with glowing, unconditional love, and she knew the Lord's mission for her on earth was to seek peace.

She met and married Sy Miller after her divorce, and together they wrote a song to sing with youth from across California at a week-long camp in the 1950s. These teenagers sang and loved the song and its message, so they spread the word to their own churches. It became popular world-wide, even sung by the Zulus in Africa.

It's such a simple message: Let peace begin with me. That's where it all begins, isn't it? We can't change the world. We can only work on and, with God's help, improve ourselves. We seek peace for ourselves, and then we can introduce peace to others. I want a peaceful heart, and I want a peaceful world. I want peace not just for me--I want it for my kids and grandkids and great-grandkids.

Don't you?

I'd love for you to do more than just listen to the words of this song, I'd love for you to sing it, and sing it with your heart. Click HERE.

Father, When You live in our hearts, we know what peace is. I crave that peace for every person on earth. Only You can put the desire for You into our lives, so please--plant that seed in my life, in my family's lives, in my friends lives, and friends of friends of friends of friends... Your peace, dearest Lord. Amen.


No comments: