Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Book Review - CHASING HAPPY by Ann Lee Miller


I knew when I began this book that it would be something to test my faith and beliefs, but among my faith and beliefs is in regard to those whose writings I've read and trusted before, growing in faith and belief in God's love as I read. Ann Lee Miller is one of the authors who tackle difficult subjects and use them to teach us how much God loves even me.

Chasing Happy has a couple of difficult subjects in it. You might be tempted to toss it out at the close of the first chapter--but I encourage you to follow the story to its conclusion. You'll find a piece of laughter or two and maybe need a box or two of tissues. It's the story of a young man (Zack) struggling with who he is and a young woman (Samma) who isn't sure if she wants to run to or away from the future that owns her. Both want to know better the Lord of Lords and what He wants of them.

Zack and Samma had been best friends as children, but both of them had grown up. Zack has sought her out, but she doesn't recognize him, at least not at first. It isn't long, though, before they're remembering their childhood games of truth or dare, the baseball games they loved to attend, and the long hikes.

And maybe while they're remembering, they'll learn of something old and something new.

Chasing Happy is available from Amazon,  Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.

I received a copy of this book free in return for an honest review.

No comments: