Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday Morning Devo - Fruit of the Spirit: Patience

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22, NKJV

Longsuffering--often translated "patience" in  modern versions of the Bible. If you're anything like me, you've wished for instant patience a bunch of times. Maybe more when my kids were young when it seemed like my patience was seriously lacking or even nonexistent. Been there?

Now that I'm older (some would say ancient), I still need it, but more for dealing with my hubby's illnesses or waiting for something special to come to pass--like the get-together with my family before Thanksgiving. Sound familiar?

What about some of the patience sayings? ""Patience takes practice." "Patience is a virtue." "Everything comes to those who wait." "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet." "Patience is the companion of wisdom." Or my favorite: "Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears." You could probably write a few of your own.

Oh, yeah.

It's not really patience if the waiting is fun or easy. In fact, sometimes it seems agonizingly impossible, but nothing is impossible with God. Not even patience. He's the author and finisher. He's begun a good work in your, and He won't quit until you are complete. He'll never give up on you--that's patience.

Your best earthly friend might give up on you. Your mother. Your dad. Yours kids. All of those would quit on you before God will.

That's patience.

That's love.

Father God, Thank You for never, ever giving up on us. Help me gain the patience I need to never give up on those You put in my path. You alone are able. Thank You, Lord.


No comments: